Semrush Review 2024
Semrush is the one-stop solution for doing SEO, content marketing, competitor research, PPC, and social media marketing.
Its massive database of 20 billion keywords, 825 million domains, and 142 geodatabases will help you to win the digital race.
So, if you are looking for a complete suite of software that helps you dominate your niche online, Semrush could be a great option.
Are you looking for the Semrush review 2024? Well, we have got you covered.
Semrush is hands down an unbelievable featured pack SEO tool that has everything you need to dominate your business online.
It is trusted by leading brands like Decathlon, Tesla, Walmart, Nike, Quora, Forbes, and IBM to name a few.
Furthermore, Semrush is the first choice of renowned bloggers to move their blogs to the top of Google.
But, using it like a pro may seem like a challenging job to beginners.
That’s why we thought to come up with a detailed tutorial on how to use Semrush including how Semrush has changed in 2024.
So, without further ado, let’s dive in.
Table of Contents
Semrush Brand Makeover
First things first – SEMrush is now Semrush
Did you just see that? One small tweak and they already helped millions of marketing professionals to read it, write it, ans spell it without any confusion.
Not only this, they also introduced a new logo which is really cool as compared to the previous one.
Here is how Semrush new logo is different from the old logo;
So, all and all, new font style and brand new logo altogether giving Semrush a complete refreshing look.
Isn’t it amazing?
Semrush Review 2024: Overview
Semrush is an award-winning suite of SEO tools trusted by around 7 million marketing professionals including the world’s leading brands and Fortune 500 companies.
Access to 20 billion keywords, 825 million domains, and 142 geodatabases will keep you one step ahead of your competitors in the digital race.
Apart from the world’s largest database, the best thing about using the Semrush is that you don’t need to subscribe to any other tools for managing your business online as it has everything you need to dominate your niche online.
- SEO – Grow organic traffic with easy SEO tools
- Content Marketing – Create content that ranks
- Market Research – Unveil your competitors’ marketing strategies
- Advertising – Discover how to expand your business reach
- Social Media – Build effective social media strategy
All and all, Semrush is definitely a value for money tool and it’s almost impossible to find another tool that lets you do all these things.
So, let’s move forward to the detailed review of Semrush for 2024.
Semrush Features: How to Use it Like a Pro?
Semrush is a fully-featured pack software. Once you subscribe to its plan and login into your account, you will be welcomed by a neat, clean, and easy to use dashboard which looks like this;
As you can see in the picture above, Semrush functionality is divided into five sections broadly.
So here, we will find how to use these functions and respective tools to dominate your niche online.
SEO is a must if you want to drive organic traffic to your website and Semrush is included with some amazing SEO tools that will help you to grow organic traffic.
Here are some of the best tools included in the Semrush SEO Toolkit.
1. Keyword Magic Tool to discover millions of keywords with important metrics such as volume, trend, competition level, SERP features, and much more.
2. Backlink Checker Tool to analyze any domain’s backlink profile.
- Monitor any domain’s link-building progress
- Spot new backlinks
- Get informed when backlinks are deleted
3. Position Tracking Tool to track your SERP positions daily
4. Site Audit Tool to run technical SEO audits
Semrush Product Update 2023: SEO Tools
#1 Revamped Keyword Overview Report
It is now included with –
- The global volume metric
- The SERP analysis feature shows the top 100 Google results along with the key metrics
- SERP Features and Questions
- Bulk Analysis of up to 100 keywords at a time
- Easy integration with Keyword Manager
#2 Domain Overview at Global Level
It facilitates you with –
- Competitor research on a global level
- Subdomain- and subfolder-level analysis
- Compare mode to compare up to five domains simultaneously
#3 New Keyword Gap Tool
It is now included with –
- Top Opportunities widget with new filters: “tops” and “volume”
- New keyword groupings: “missing”, “shared”, “unique”, “strong”, and “weak”
- Find keywords by subfolders, and URLs
#4 Improved Backlink Analytics
New “target URL error” filter to find out broken links of competing sites and ask the referral’s site owner to replace the same with your relevant page.
#5 Better On-Target Backlink Audit
- More accurate and advanced Toxic Score of each link
- Newest Target Pages report digging into best-performing pages on your site
#6 Position Tracking with Share of Voice and Extended Reporting Capabilities
- Accurately monitor the business impact of your SEO efforts based on a Share of Voice (SoV) metric
- New Cannibalization report to identify any self-competition on SERPs
- Revamped Devices & Locations report
- Export schedules to get updates from Position Tracking reports
#7 More Powerful Site Audit
- Markups report to quickly analyze markup usage and markup implementation errors
#8 Listing Management Tool
- Boost your local SEO with an extended number of available countries including France and Germany, as well as more directories across all locations.
- Local rankings report
- Review management
- Local ranking heatmap
The next toolkit that Semrush is included with is the PPC advertising toolkit which is a complete solution for planning, analyzing, and improving your Google Ads campaigns.
1. Advertising Research
This tool will assist you to take deep insights (strengths and weaknesses) into your competitors’ ad strategies to improve your own campaign.
- Uncover competitors’ ad strategies and budgets
- Analyze competitors’ keywords and ad copy
- Assess the PPC competition
2. Display Advertising
This tool will help you analyze the ad texts and banners your competitors are using.
- Get insights into your competitors’ ads and publisher
- Adapt their best ads to match your needs, export them and import to your AdWords Campaign
3. PLA Research
This tool facilitates you upgrade your campaigns with Semrush PLA data, which further assist you with –
- Research competitors’ PLAs
- Get insights for your e-commerce strategy
- Analyze ads and keywords in detail
4. PPC Keyword Tool
This tool will help you create a perfect keyword list for your SEA campaign.
- Collect keywords
- Manage and optimize
- Remove conflicting keywords
5. AD History
Semrush Ads History Report allows you to view past ads in order to analyze the performance of a specific keyword in paid search.
3. Social Media
Next, Semrush has a Social Media toolkit which is included with three tools (Social Media Poster, Social Media Tracker, Social Media Ads) that help you to manage and track all your social profiles in a centralized way.
Semrush Social Media Toolkit Features:
- Schedule posts
- Find the best time for your post
- Create posts while surfing the web
- Edit images
- Import posts from CSV files
- Use UTM for more accurate tracking
- Find out which content works great for your audience
- Track your audience growth
- Get to know your audience: age, country, and when they are online
- Learn from your competitors’ success and fails
- Compare yourself with competitors
- See what content competitors are posting
- Get weekly updates by email and create PDF reports
Boost your posts
- Increase your reach and get more people to know about you
- See how your ads work and get detailed stats
- Create and manage ad campaigns for every funnel stage
- See your low-performing ads and optimize them
- Save time on little things: auto naming, streamlined creation, and more
Semrush Product Update 2022: Social Media Tools
#1 Internal analytics: Keeping watch on new followers, reach, and special engagement metrics – for Facebook and Instagram.
#2 Social media ad management made easy: Craft, launch, and manage ads for the entire Facebook family directly from Semrush
4. Content Marketing
The Content Marketing platform is yet another useful toolkit that is included within the Semrush software.
It gives you access to a number of tools in one place that helps you build excellent content easily and quickly.
If you are a part of blogging, affiliate marketing, or any other online business then you will have to come up with the content marketing strategies that encourage your audience to take necessary actions like sign up or purchase products from your site.
So, making the right content marketing strategy is extremely important and that is where the Semrush Content Marketing toolkit comes in handy.
Now, let’s see what are the tools included in the Semrush Content Marketing platform and how they are beneficial for you.
1. Topic Research Tool
Coming with new post ideas could be a challenging job for beginners as well as established content creators.
But with the Semrush topic research tool, you can find tons of content ideas in your niche with ease.
Simply, enter the topic and hit the Get content ideas button and you will be presented with the blog post and subtopics ideas in 4 formats.
As you can see in the picture above, there are 4 different formats you can choose from;
- Mind Map
The cards section will show you hundreds of cards having all the details that include subtopic volume, difficulty score, topic efficiency, related questions, and related keywords.
Explorer tab will further facilitate you with subtopics and content ideas in a table format having Facebook Engagement, Backlinks, and Total shares details so that you can research topic ideas more effectively.
Overview tab will allow you quickly find the best topics related to your niche by providing –
- Top 10 Headlines by backlinks
- 10 Interesting Questions
- Top subtopics
- Top 10 Related searches
Mind Map is another easy and attractive way to analyze all the popular subtopics ideas.
So, this is how you can take advantage of the Semrush Content Marketing topic research tool to find a ton of content ideas.
2. SEO Content Template Tool
This tool will help you craft SEO-friendly content by analyzing the top-10-ranking articles for your target keyword.
Simply, enter your target keyword and hit the Create SEO template button.
This way, you will get ideas about;
- Semantically related keywords
- From where to get backlinks
- The average length of your content
- How your competitors use your target keywords
3. SEO Writing Assistant
This tool will help you write fully SEO-optimized articles which will rank on Google by comparing your article with top-ranking articles.
To use Semrush SEO writing assistant, enter your target keyword, target audience, paste your text, and click Get recommendations.
You will be presented with the following metrics and recommendations:
- Words Count
- LSI & Related Keywords Suggestion
- Optimization Status
- Related Questions to your target keyword
- Title Recommendation
- Number of links, broken links, and links without any anchor text
4. Brand Monitoring
This tool will assist you with track mention of your name across the web included with automatic notification.
5. Post Tracking
This tool will help you to track the performance of your posts as well as of competitors.
Using this tool is quite simple. All you need to enter the URLs of your post and you will see total details related to that post such as;
- Keywords rankings
- Social shares
- Referral traffic
6. Content Audit
This tool will help you audit your existing posts and let you understand which posts you should update to improve rankings.
For doing so, enter your domain name, Start Audit and you will be presented with all the required information in one place.
Furthermore, if you connect Google Analytics and Google Search Console with it, you will get more accurate data in a more systematic way in the following categories;
- Review or Remove
- Need to Update
- Quick Review
- Poor Content
7. Marketing Calendar
This tool helps you plan, manage, and track all tasks and deadlines to ensure all activities are finished within the given time.
Semrush Product Update 2022: Content Marketing Tools
#1 ImpactHero: It allows you to identify your website’s high-performing assets at every stage and also gives ideas to improve the rest of the content.
#2 Content Marketplace Expansion: Now you can order even more on-demand content and copywriting services within the Content Marketplace.
5. Competitive Research
Semrush Competitive Research Toolkit works like a spy as it allows you to analyze your competitor’s data in smart ways so that you can make better decisions for your business.
1. Traffic Analytics
This tool will help you check traffic metrics of any domain in smarter ways at just one click.
All you need to enter the domain name you want to traffic for and get some deep insights.
You will get a quick overview of the total number of monthly visits, unique visitors, device-specific traffic share, subdomain level traffic, country & subcontinent wise traffic distribution, and much more.
2. Market Explorer
It is another fantastic tool for competitive research that assist you to get a bird’s-eye view of your market that includes –
- Get an instant market overview
- Estimate competitors’ market share
- Explore custom markets
Semrush Product Update 2022: Competitive Research Tools
#1 Traffic Analytics: More Audience Insights and Algorithm Enhancements
- Subdomain-level analysis
- Audience Insights report
- Traffic Journey report
#2 Market Explorer: Get High-Level Market Insights
- Newest Growth Quadrant
- Custom Market
- Benchmarking Report
Some Other More Powerful Semrush Updates in 2022
#1 Agency Growth Kit
The complete solution to meet the core needs of an agency from effective lead generation to advanced reporting capabilities.
A smart toolkit with Traffic Insights, Listing Quality Check, and Listing Protection that helps Amazon sellers make the most out of each product and grow their customer base.
A fast-growing SaaS that will give you exclusive access to over 1 million journalists and influencers along with CRM functionality, tailored online newsrooms, email campaigns, and sophisticated PR analytics.
#4 Integration With Yoast SEO Plugin
Semrush is now partnered with the most popular SEO plugin, Yoast SEO that facilitates Yoast SEO users with SEO-focused keyword suggestions and data to create more powerful content.
Here. we are done with knowing the Semrush features. Now let’s see how much you will have to pay to get access to these features.
Semrush Latest Pricing: How Much Does it Cost?
Recently, Semrush put a lot of effort into rebranding and also hiked its pricing up to 20%. That being said, plan breakdown is still the same and worth every penny.
Here are three plans & pricing which are offered by Semrush.
1. Pro Plan ($129.95/mo)
This is the entry-level plan by Semrush which is best for freelancers, startups, and in-house marketers with a limited budget.
- Run your SEO, PPC, and SMM projects with 40+ advanced tools.
- Know your competitors’ traffic sources, rankings, social media results & more.
- Read-only sharing access.
2. Guru Plan ($249.95/mo)
This is the mid-level plan by Semrush which is best for SMB and growing marketing agencies.
- Content Marketing Platform
- Historical Data
- Extended limits
- Google Data Studio Integration
3. Business Plan ($499/mo)
This is the most advanced plan by Semrush which is for agencies, E-commerce projects, and businesses with an extensive web presence.
- API access
- Extended limits and sharing options
- Google Data Studio Integration
- Share of Voice metric
In addition to these standard plans, you can also contact them to create a custom flexible plan.
Quick Note: You can save up to 16% on annual billings.
So, this is all about Semrush pricing & plans. Now it’s your turn to subscribe to any of these plans and increase your business visibility in Google.
Apart from the straight pricing, Semrush offers a 7 days standard free trial on all of its Pro and Guru plans.
But, being a reader of our blog, you can get exclusive access to the Semrush Pro and Guru plans free for 14 days.
What’s stopping you from giving it a try?
How to Grab a Semrush 14-Day Free Trial worth $129.95?
Activating Semrush free trial is quite easy and can be done within a few minutes.
Here is how you can get the Semrush Pro account for 14 days without paying even a single penny.
Step 1: Click on this exclusive link that will be navigation you to our co-branding page which looks like this;
Step 2: Hit Start your FREE 14 day trial now!
Step 3: Create your Semrush account by using your Gmail account or an email address.
Step 4: Once you are done with creating your account, you will be redirected to the billing page, enter your payment details and click on the “Place The Order” button.
See how simple that is. So, what are you waiting for?
If you want to give a try to Semrush Guru plan, then click here to enjoy the Guru account for 14 Days which is worth $249.95?
Semrush Positive and Negative Sides
Here are some of the pros and cons of using Semrush.
- Extremely easy to use
- Domain analysis presents you everything you need to see in one place
- Clean interface, graphs, and data visualizations
- CRM-style link building functionality
- Site auditing feature to improve technical SEO and on-page SEO of your site
- Provides you with a lot of PPC data along with organic search data
- Generous reporting
- Superb customer support – includes phone, chat, and email
- A whopping 14 days trial is available
- Provides data for only one search engine i.e. Google
- Only one user account is included even in the Business plan
- The price per additional user is quite high
- Limit on the number of concurrent projects you can run
- Some additional competitive analysis features will cost you an extra $200/mo
- To avail Semrush trial, you will have to give credit card details
- Semrush interface is not responsive, you can not use it on mobile devices conveniently.
What is Semrush?
Semrush is an all-in-one platform that allows you to do SEO, content marketing, competitor research, PPC, and social media marketing in a centralized way.
Is Semrush Free?
No, Semrush is a premium tool that starts from $129.95 per month now.
What are Semrush’s pricing and plans for 2024?
Semrush Pro plan costs $129.95/mo (billed monthly) or $108.33/mo (billed annually), Pro plan costs $249.95/mo (if billed monthly) or $208.33/mo (if billed annually), and Pro plan costs $499.95/mo (if billed monthly) or $416.66/mo (if billed annually).
Does Semrush offer any free trial?
Yes, Semrush offers a 7 day free trial on its Pro and Guru plan but using our exclusive link you can grab 14 days free trials on the Semrush Pro and Guru plans.
Who should use Semrush?
Semrush is a fully-featured SEO software that makes it a go-to resource for Bloggers, Freelancers, in-house marketers, Agencies, Business Owners, and Digital Entrepreneurs.
Semrush vs Ahrefs which one is better?
Unlike Ahrefs, Semrush is not limited to keyword research and backlink tracking, rather it is included with 40+ tools that will help you with SEO, PPC advertisements, Social Media Marketing, Content Marketing, and Competitive Research. So if we talk about the value for money, Semrush is a clear winner.
Final Thoughts on Semrush Review 2024
So, this is all about Semrush review for 2024 and Semrush Updates in 2022.
We hope you have got enough information about how to use Semrush tools and the most significant 2022 updates.
If you are a beginner, using it may seem a tedious job but once you start working with it you will soon realize that this is the best SEO toolkit for you.
We have been using Semrush for around 5 years now, and we must say Semrush is one of the tools that helped us to take our blogging business to the next heights.
So, if you also want to stand out from the crowd, subscribe to a Semrush plan today and see yourself dominating your business online.
If you are still not sure whether it will be beneficial for your business or not, do opt for its 14 days trial using our exclusive link and then take the final decision.
Finally, do let us know, how did you like this post and which SEO tool you are using currently in the comment section below.