We’ve already written a few extensive reviews of Semrush, a platform that we consider to be the most comprehensive suite for anyone who’s serious about online and wants to win the digital race.
We know that a lot of our readers will have some questions in regard to the recent Semrush pricing increase – all new users who sign up to the platform in 2023 will now have to pay slightly more than us, old users.
However, this increase comes with completely new packages and Semrush features we didn’t have access to before.
So, we’ve decided to write a separate post on Semrush pricing and the most strong features of the platform (in our opinion, of course) in order to show you that Semrush provides the utmost value per dollar, so it’s absolutely worth its new price.
How Did Semrush Pricing Change?
Of course, we’ll first look at the new costs of the platform and pinpoint a few things, on top of the pricing, that also changed within various Semrush packages.
The plan breakdown remains the same – you can sign up for a Pro, Guru, and Business account:
Here are the main points of difference between the three packages:
- As a Pro user, if you signed up for the account in 2023, you’d have to pay $119.95/month – 20% over the old price. However, the new Pro account comes with expanded capabilities – now you can set up 5 projects (previously, you could only have 3), and have the option to share PDF templates and your projects for “read-only”.
- New Guru users will have to pay $229.95/month – it’s 15% up from the previous price. The Guru plan now also includes integration with Google Data Studio, the option to set up 15 projects, keep track of 1500 keywords, and get access to historical data and Semrush’s comprehensive Content Marketing Platform that covers pretty much the entire content marketing workflow.
- The new Business account in 2023 costs $449.95/month, rising by 12%. Amongst the new perks is that now Business users can create up to 40 projects and get estimates on their online share of voice (SoV).
We want to clarify that the price changes only concern new users – so if you already have a Semrush account you signed up for prior to the increase, you can benefit from all the updated package perks at the old price.
And one important note here: the pricing per additional seat has gone down! So, if you want to add additional users at a Pro plan, you now have to pay 36% less than before ($40), at a Guru plan, the price is down by 43% ($80), and at a Business plan, it decreased by 30% ($100).
Click here to know more about Semrush plans and feature comparison
Semrush: Key Differentiation Points From Other Tools
When we heard about the pricing increase at Semrush, I immediately thought to myself: Are there cheaper/free tools that cover similar aspects of digital marketing?
Yes. Are they as strong and powerful as Semrush? Definitely, not. Is there another all-in-one solution that provides the same value? Absolutely, not!
Semrush covers the widest range of digital marketing aspects – from SEO, content marketing and competitive research to market analysis, digital advertising and social media. With an impressive portfolio of various tools, many of them are the best on the market.
However, in this post, we would like to put emphasis on slightly different things – we want to bring to your attention certain aspects of the Semrush platform that entice me to talk so much about it.
1. Mobile databases are available for all users
In the age of mobile-first, having access to data about the mobile web is an absolute must.
Most of the tools we know of generally lack this part of digital marketing intelligence, while others that include mobile data, often give it away at an additional, and very costly, price.
Semrush, however, makes mobile databases available for all users, regardless of their plan, which makes it invaluable if you want to build a modern and competitive digital strategy for your company, as data on desktop and mobile competitors and keywords sometimes varies immensely.
2. Semrush has the biggest keyword database on the market
With keyword research being at the core of your SEO efforts, you need a tool that holds the largest possible keyword database.
Semrush has over 20B keywords for Google, and the database keeps growing each year – only in 2018, they used to have twice less keywords, so this level of growth is unprecedented.
But what’s even more important is that it’s not just about the sheer volume of keywords, it’s also about the quality.
We know that Semrush is constantly updating its database to make sure they have the most recent keywords included while getting rid of obsolete search terms that are no longer relevant (like, FIFA 2002-related search terms, I mean who needs those now!).
3. Meaningful Integrations with Google Services – Google Analytics, Google Search Console, and Google My Business
Many of the tools within the Semrush suite are seamlessly integrating data from Google Services. This is a costly feature that is rarely seen among other tools, as it requires large investments and expertise.
Thanks to Google data, Semrush often reflects things other tools never will (unless they invest time, money, and intellectual resources into such integrations). For Instance, thanks to Google data, with Semrush you can:
- Accurately assess your own backlink profile and get relevant and accurate link-building ideas. Although Semrush has powerful backlink analysis capabilities already, if you integrate your GSC data with the Backlink Audit tool, Semrush will analyze your full real-time backlink portfolio and use its own toxic backlink detection capabilities to make sure that you are timely disavowing any harmful links to your site and avoiding any potential Googe penalties.
By connecting your GA account, you can also benefit from referral traffic counts, reflected right within the Backlink Audit tool, and, thus, prioritize your efforts. By connecting your GSC to the Link-Building tool, you will make sure that Semrush gives link-building ideas without offering prospects you are already getting referral traffic from.
- If you want to uncover the ‘not-provided keywords’ your site already ranks for, connect your GA to the Organic Traffic Insights tool. Once you also connect your GSC account, the tool will automatically reveal which search queries (including the ones that Google Analytics does not show) and keywords drive the biggest traffic numbers to your top pages.
- Semrush’s unique On-Page SEO Checker is a goldmine of comprehensive page and content update strategy ideas. The tool gathers dozens of page improvement suggestions – from technical SEO, backlinks, and SERP features to semantics, content improvement, and strategy – so that you can improve your rankings per target keyword.
However, if you connect your GSC account, this data will help the tool make more accurate page picks in regard to prioritization and highest-impact.
When receiving data from your GA account, the tool will gather your internal bounce rate, time on page, and page load time counts to give you actionable enhancement ideas in regard to user experience, the cornerstone of higher conversions.
4. The Semrush suite includes the best-on-the-market tool for position tracking
The Position Tracking tool gives you daily SERP position updates per target keywords – available to all users, regardless of the plan.
If you are targeting users in different locations, you will make use of another unique feature, namely the Devices and Locations report, which allows you to compare keyword metrics across various locations.
And if you happen to create few pages that target the same keyword, causing self-competition, the tool’s cutting-edge Cannibalization report will spot this and help you update your site and content strategy.
Semrush’s Position Tracking tool also covers the most comprehensive range of SERP features, including 3-pack (local pack and hotels), shows mobile and hyper-local (down to the Zip code) search volumes, and supports a lot of languages.
By connecting your Google Analytics account, however, you will get even more: you will be able to import keywords directly from your GA account into the tool so that you don’t double any manual work.
5. Top-notch Site Audit tool with unique site health checks
Another super-strong Semrush tool is Site Audit – to our knowledge, it’s the best there is when it comes to site health assessment.
Thanks to over 120 checks for everything from AMP, HTTPS, and International SEO to performance, structured data, and internal linking issues, this is the deepest level of site audit.
By connecting your Google Analytics, you will be able to go even deeper and set better prioritization to your SEO issues fixing efforts. Data from your GA adds up unique pageview counts into the tool, helping it reflect high-priority pages with even more accuracy.
Additionally, GA data will add two more checks to an already comprehensive range: you will be able to check your website for orphaned pages (site pages with no other pages linking to them) and pages that take longer than one second to load. And with page load speed being an important Google ranking factor, you’d want to detect that.
6. Impressive internal reporting capabilities and a Google Data Studio connector
For those of you who are managing clients or simply need to do progress reports for upper management, reporting is often a dreary, time-consuming, and simply exhausting task.
However, if you manage most of your digital marketing within the Semrush platform, reporting is something user-friendly, intuitive, and, if you choose, automatic.
My Reports is a reporting solution Semrush provides to all of its users at no additional cost.
I’m personally a big fan of templates – ready-made Semrush-tailored reports that already include all the most necessary information in regard to a certain area you are reporting on:
However, you can go for full or partial customization if you need more or less info – and all of this is possible in a matter of a few clicks.
Moreover, you can send these reports right from within Semrush directly to an email of your choice on a daily, weekly, or monthly basis, depending on your needs.
If you have connected your GA and GSC accounts, you can add more data points from these resources within the report to showcase your progress from a few angles.
My Reports tool also supports branded or white-label report options.
7. Entire content marketing workflow coverage
Unlike many other tools that focus heavily on SEO, and SEO only, as mentioned, Semrush is an all-in-one solution, so it pioneers a much wider outlook on online excellence.
And, of course, the key driving force behind any SEO or other digital marketing efforts is content. After all, like it or not, content is still the king.
Over the past few years, Semrush has built a powerful best-in-class Content Marketing toolkit that covers the entire workflow of crafting high-quality content that meets both SEO and users’ needs, just as Google ordered.
But here, all we can say is that it’s a truly powerful toolkit full of tools that help you to fuel up your content marketing efforts: from choosing a resonating topic (Topic Research tool) even on a local level and following the best SEO practices (SEO Content Template tool and SEO Writing Assistant add-on for Google Docs and WordPress) to content performance tracking (Content Analyzer).
And if you feel like your content performance numbers are lagging, you can go back to On-Page SEO Checker, a tool that’s available to all users to get ideas for strategic content and page improvements.
8. True and affordable competitive intelligence
Having started out as a tool for competitive intelligence, Semrush has turned into a suite that helps to get both market and competitive insights. And in this regard, it’s probably one of the most affordable competitive intelligence solutions, as Semrush includes:
- High-level market insights (traffic trends, competitors’ traffic estimates and user behavior stats, key industry players audience generation strategies, top competing offers, market benchmarks); and
- More granular insights on your competitors’ marketing strategies – be it Organic search, SEO, digital advertising, content and PR, and even social media.
FAQs on Semrush Pricing & Plans
Based on the Semrush new plans & pricing model, Pro plan starts at $119.95 per month, Guru plan starts at $229.95 per month, and Business plan is priced at $449.95 per month.
Semrush pricing is in US dollars.
No, there are no hidden fees apart from upfront pricing. You will be paying only what is mentioned on their website.
Absolutely, with Semrush you are allowed to upgrade or downgrade your plan at any time, or even you can cancel your subscription at any moment.
After cancelling your Semrush subscription, your projects will be active in their database for a 30 day grace period. So if you renew your account before your grace period ends, you can continue working with your projects as before.
Yes! Their Enterprise plan is 100% flexible for your unique marketing needs. All you need to contact them to customize it as what suits you the best.
All the major credit cards accepted at Semrush. Moreover, you can request for Wire Transfer, Check or Money Order (US only).
Semrush offers a 7-Day Money Back Guarantee on all of their plans. So if you don’t like Semrush for any reason, you can request for a refund via email@example.com or their contact form within 7 days after signing up, your first charge, or renewing.
Semrush 100 person Customer Success team is there that will help you get the best value possible. Furthermore, their support managers monitor technical tickets and ensure that each customer receives the appropriate support level.
Is Semrush Worth Its New Pricing? Yes, Yes, and Yes!
While it’s impossible to name all the perks you get from Semrush within one article – I believe this incomplete list is already giving you enough assurance that if you are serious about online, Semrush is as comprehensive as it gets with digital marketing suites.
So, if you ask me about Semrush’s reworked packages and pricing increase, I’d say that I’m absolutely impressed that they are still going at such an affordable price, because the suite solves problems dozens of other tools do combined, and offers even something on top of that.
Combine its powerful product capabilities with really friendly and quick customer service, and you get the ultimate solution to almost all of your digital marketing needs!