Radhika Gupta is the inspiring 39-year-old MD & CEO of Edelweiss Mutual Fund.
Her innovative leadership has made her an influential figure shaping finance in India.
With an impressive career, many are curious about Radhika Gupta net worth in 2024.
Read on to learn more about this successful young businesswoman’s admirable personal valuation.
Table of Contents
Radhika Gupta Net Worth: The Shark Tank Judge’s Wealth Stems From Her Stellar Career
As per estimates, Radhika Gupta net worth is around Rs. 41 crores approx.
Shark Tank’s new judge, Radhika has made it clear that her investments in startups on Shark Tank India Season 3 will be made in her personal capacity.
This highlights her passion for identifying and nurturing promising entrepreneurs even outside her corporate role.
Given her experience and track record at the age of 41, Radhika’s net worth is only set to grow in the coming years.
Radhika Gupta Education Education and Early Life
Radhika Gupta was born on September 14, 1983, in Islamabad, Pakistan to Yogesh Gupta, an Indian diplomat, and Arti Gupta, a school principal.
Because of her father’s foreign service career, Radhika grew up living on four different continents – Asia, Africa, North America, and Europe.
Living across various countries from a young age gave her a global perspective on life.
She was born with a physical challenge that caused her head to tilt to one side, earning her the nickname “the girl with the broken neck.”
After schooling in Rome, Radhika attended the University of Pennsylvania where she completed two Bachelor’s degrees – one in Computer Science Engineering and another in Economics from the prestigious Wharton School.
She graduated “summa cum laude”, meaning with the highest distinctions.
Radhika Gupta Glittering Career
Radhika’s career has gone from strength to strength across prestigious global firms.
- Started as a Business Analyst at McKinsey & Company in 2005
- Shifted to AQR Capital Management in 2006 as Portfolio Manager
- Founded her own firm Forefront Capital Management in 2009 along with her husband Nalin Moniz
- Grew the firm successfully until its acquisition by Edelweiss in 2014
She joined Edelweiss as the CEO of their asset management business in 2017, at the age of 34.
Under her leadership, Edelweiss MF has grown its AUM from just Rs. 9,128 crore to over Rs. 1 lakh crore in January 2023 – a meteoric rise.
Some milestones she achieved as Edelweiss MF CEO:
- In 2019, launched its first corporate bond ETF called Bharat Bond ETF
- In 2016-2017, Edelweiss acquired JP Morgan Mutual Fund and successfully integrated it into its operations
She also became the Vice Chairperson of the Association of Mutual Funds in India (AMFI) for two consecutive terms between 2021-2023.
Overcoming Challenges and Setbacks
Radhika’s professional journey has not been without its share of challenges.
After graduation, she was rejected by MIT for MS. Later, when she was rejected for her 7th job interview, she attempted suicide.
Thankfully, she survived the suicide attempt. Her never-say-die spirit enabled her to regain her self-confidence. The rest, as they say, is history.
Radhika firmly believes nothing is impossible if you put your mind and soul into it.
Her comeback from the brink of despair to the pinnacle of success in investment management is inspirational.
Radhika’s Key Awards and Recognitions
Edelweiss Mutual Fund CEO, Radhika has received widespread recognition for her remarkable achievements as a business leader.
- Economic Times 40 Under 40 Business Leaders Award (2021)
- LinkedIn Top Voices in Finance & Economy, India (2020 & 2021)
- Fortune India 50 Most Powerful Women in Business (2020)
- Young Global Leader, World Economic Forum (2022)
- Business Today Most Powerful Women in Indian Business Award (2019 & 2021)
- CII Young Women Leader of the Year, Confederation of Indian Industry (2022)
- Forbes Women Power – Self Made Women, Forbes India (2022)
- The Impact Creator Awards, Governor of Maharashtra (2021)
- Business Book of the Year – Self Help (“Limitless”), FICCI Publishing Awards (2023)
Radhika Gupta’s Husband
Radhika is married to Nalin Moniz. Nalin is the Chief Investment Officer – Alternative Equity at Edelweiss Global Asset Management.
Radhika and Nalin also have a child together named Remy Gupta Moniz.
What Makes Her a Role Model?
Radhika has become an inspiration for young people for many reasons.
- She became the CEO of a big mutual fund company at the young age of 34. This shows that women can achieve top positions in business.
- Even after major failures in her career, she did not give up. Her determination turned her career to success. This teaches us to keep trying despite setbacks.
- She encourages young women to dream big and go after their goals. Her innovative ideas and focus on customers make her an ideal CEO to learn from.
- Radhika is appreciated for her real leadership style. Her honest stories about her life resonate with young Indians.
- She promotes career opportunities in finance to youth. Her books [LIMITLESS: The Power of Unlocking Your True Potential] and podcasts teach young people about money and self-improvement.
- She exemplifies hard work, not giving up, and constantly learning. All this makes her a fantastic role model.
Here are some key FAQs about Edelweiss CEO, Radhika Gupta.
Edelweiss was founded in 1995 in Mumbai, India.
Radhika Gupta is the CEO of Edelweiss Mutual Fund.
Radhika Gupta was born in 1983 in Islamabad, Pakistan.
Radhika Gupta is the CEO of Edelweiss Mutual Fund who was born with a physical condition causing her head to tilt to one side. This led to her being nicknamed “the girl with the broken neck” when she was young.
Browse More Resources:
- Shark Tank India Season 3 Judges Net Worth: Who’s the Richest Investor?
- Amit Jain Net Worth 2024: From Car Dekho To Shark, This Man Makes Millions
- Azhar Iqubal Net Worth 2024: How He Went from IIT Dropout to Shark Tank Judge
- Deepinder Goyal Net Worth in 2024: The Journey of Zomato’s Visionary CEO
- Ronnie Screwvala Net Worth 2024: The Richest Producer in Bollywood Joins Shark Tank India Season 3
- Ritesh Agarwal Net Worth 2024: The Youngest Indian Billionaire Behind OYO Rooms
- Peyush Bansal Net Worth 2024: A Journey from Startup to Billionaire
- Anupam Mittal Net Worth 2024: How Rich is This Shark?
- Varun Dua Net Worth: Leading Shark Tank Judge Season 3
Final Thoughts about Radhika Gupta Net Worth 2024
Radhika Gupta’s story teaches important lessons. She showed that with hard work, anyone can achieve their dreams despite challenges.
Her failures did not stop her from becoming a top mutual fund CEO of Edelweiss Mutual Fund in India at a young age.
Though she faced setbacks, she never gave up hope. This gives inspiration to youth to keep trying to unlock their potential.
Edelweiss CEO, Radhika’s rising net worth and impact on finance in India will only grow in the future. Her journey motivates us all to dream big.